Below is some useful information on the local area to help you plan your stay on the South Chesthill Estate.
We are happy to organise the postman to deliver papers and milk each day of your stay (excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays). If you would like us to arrange this, please let us know. At the end of your stay, the bill is payable at Wade Newsagents at 31 Bank Street, Aberfeldy, PH15 2BB (Liz can do this for you if required).
If you wish to order a grocery delivery online ahead of your stay, please use Asda, as they are the only supermarket who will reliably deliver up the glen!
We have collated a list of Local Activities and Places to Eat Out so please do have a read to get some ideas. The Post Office/Glenlyon Tearoom at Bridge of Balgie (Tel: 01887 866221) is highly recommended for a cup of tea or hot chocolate and a slice of cake.
- McDonald Bros, Pitlochry (01796 472047) – they will deliver
- Aberfeldy Butchers, 12 Bank Street, PH15 2BB (01887 820310)
- Aberfeldy Taxis: 01887 820370. Order in advance. Cost: c.£60 from Dunkeld Train Station (2014).
- If you need to hire a car for the duration of your stay, Car Hire Centre might be a useful place to start.
- Airport Parking Shop allows you to compare car parking prices at all UK airports.
- Highland Trophies specialise in mounting fish, big game and trophies. Full Taxidermy Services. Restoration Work Carried Out. 01796 482 442.