Chesthill House sleeps 8-16 (including a cook if required) and comes with a traditional sporting estate of over 7,000 acres of hill and 6 miles of the River Lyon to fish and explore. The house is located in Glenlyon, one of the prettiest Glens in Scotland, is easy to get to being less than 2 hours drive from Edinburgh, and yet is remote and completely private with unspoilt views of hills and a waterfall.
How many people can be accommodated: Chesthill House sleeps up to 16. With COVID restrictions in 2020-21, the house can be split into the main house (sleeps 8 – 11) and the rear annex (sleeps 4-7) which can be booked together. In total there are 7 twin bedrooms and 1 single, plus an en-suite bedsit on the ground floor which is normally used for a cook/chef. 4 of the twins are en-suite (with baths and showers), and the remaining 4 bedrooms share 1 bathroom between 2 adjacent bedrooms (and 3 of the 4 have basins). The dining table seats 12 comfortably so we would recommend limiting adults to that number, with the other rooms available for children, however the table can be extended to 14 if required.
- Sitting room with a bar, Sonos speaker, TV and DVD player (there is a DVD collection of c.25 DVDs in the cupboard in the library).
- Bright spacious drawing room with library, board games, CD player (bring your own CDs) and radio.
- Small study with desk and computer monitor.
- Wireless telephone.
- Dining room which sits 12 adults and can be extended to 14 if required.
- Games room with snooker, table tennis, darts and a stage for budding child actors!
- Drying room, cloakroom with wc, gun room with secure cabinet, and laundry with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and board.
- WIFI internet is available throughout the house.
- Self-catering facilities are provided in the shape of the kitchen, pantry and scullery, equipped with a double Aga, electric cooker, two fridges, a freezer and two dishwashers.
- Garden furniture and a BBQ for you to use in the garden only (please bring your own charcoal).
- Estate fly rod, spinner, rod box, and rifles.
- 20-60x nature telescope (for spotting from the house or on walks).
- There are four road bikes; two large 59 frame, and two slightly smaller 53 inch frames. Helmets are also provided.
- Two kayaks for races on the river!
What’s included: The lodge is let on a fully furnished basis including all linen and towels. Daily housekeeping is provided by the Housekeeper and it is recommended that you bring a cook/chef (see Cooks for some ideas of where to find one!). The estate keeper, will be on standby to help you with all outdoor activities including fishing, stalking, or walked up grouse depending on the time of year, and a nature walk and a trip to the hill loch are both included – for more info please see Estate Activities. For those bookings including sport, the details of this will be discussed with you when you make your booking. We will arrange for newspapers and milk to be delivered during the week, if you wish.
Children: A cot and high chair are available on request.
Dogs: house trained dogs are welcome although not in bedrooms. Wet dogs should be dried off in the boot/drying rooms.
“This perfectly sized lodge … offers genuine all-round sport. Chesthill ticks every box.” The Field.