Address: Chesthill House, Glen Lyon, nr Aberfeldy, Perthshire, PH15 2NH, United Kingdom
Click here for a handy printout
1) From Edinburgh airport and the south, aim for the Forth Road Bridge and then the M90 (easy sign-posts from the airport) then take the A9 towards Inverness.
2) Exit off the A9 north of Perth at Ballinluig and head west to Aberfeldy along the A827.
3) Before leaving Aberfeldy turn right at the cross roads onto the B846.
4) Head through Weem, past Dull, and a couple of miles later turn left at Coshieville towards Fortingall (signposted).
5) Go through Fortingall and turn right after 300 yards into Glen Lyon (signposted).
6) Chesthill is c.2 ½ miles along Glen Lyon. Pass a white cottage by the road on the right with antlers above the door (Woodend), and then pass the deer fence on the right, and the gate saying ‘North Chesthill’. Pass the suspension bridge on your left (the river gets very close to the road at this point). Then there is a green box suspended on the wall on your right. The turning into our drive, where there are two stone gate posts, is 150 yards beyond the green box on the right as the road bends to the left.
Driving or flying? Allow 1 ½ hours from Edinburgh.
Getting the train? Nearest station is Dunkeld (40 mins).
Aberfeldy Taxis: 01887 820370. Order in advance. Cost: c.£60 (2014)
Interactive map: Ordnance Survey (more detailed)
Plans of the layout of Chesthill House: