Address: Gardener’s Cottage, Glenlyon, Perthshire, PH15 2NH, United Kingdom
Click here for a handy printout
1) From Edinburgh airport and the south, aim for the Forth Road Bridge and then the M90 (easy sign-posts from the airport) then take the A9 towards Inverness.
2) Exit off the A9 north of Perth at Ballinluig and head west to Aberfeldy along the A827.
3) Before leaving Aberfeldy turn right at the cross roads onto the B846.
4) Head through Weem, past Dull, and a couple of miles later turn left at Coshieville towards Fortingall (signposted).
5) Go through Fortingall and turn right after 300 yards into Glen Lyon (signposted).
6) The cottage is c.3 miles along Glen Lyon. Pass a white cottage by the road on the right with antlers above the door (Woodend), then the river gets very close to the left of the road. Pass two stone gate posts on your right (this is the drive to Chesthill House). You will then see the Chesthill House set back from the road on the right. Yours is the next turning, up a track to your right with a green box next to the road (the gate might be closed in which case close it after you please). The track bends to the right and you will then see the Gardener’s Cottage is set back from the track on your left.
Driving or flying? Allow 1 ½ hours from Edinburgh.
Getting the train? Nearest station is Dunkeld (40 mins).
Aberfeldy Taxis: 01887 820370. Order in advance. Cost: c.£60 (2014)
Interactive map: Ordnance Survey