Address: Gardener’s Cottage, Glenlyon, Perthshire, PH15 2NH, United Kingdom
1) From Edinburgh airport and the south, aim for the Forth Road Bridge and then the M90 (easy sign-posts from the airport) then take the A9 towards Inverness.
2) Exit off the A9 north of Perth at Ballinluig and head west to Aberfeldy along the A827.
3) Before leaving Aberfeldy turn right at the cross roads onto the B846.
4) Head through Weem, past Dull, and a couple of miles later turn left at Coshieville towards Fortingall (signposted).
5) Go through Fortingall and turn right after 300 yards into Glen Lyon (signposted).
6) The cottage is c.3 miles along Glen Lyon. Pass a white cottage by the road on the right with antlers above the door (Woodend), and then pass the deer fence on the right, and the gate saying ‘North Chesthill’. Pass the suspension bridge on your left (the river gets very close to the road at this point) and the turning into our drive, where there are two stone gate posts and a sign for Chesthill House, is 150 yards beyond the green box on the right as the road bends to the left. Follow the drive up past the front of Chesthill House and along the track through the woods and Gardeners Cottage is the second house on the right.
Driving or flying? Allow 1 ½ hours from Edinburgh.
Getting the train? Nearest station is Dunkeld (40 mins).
Aberfeldy Taxis: 01887 820370. Order in advance. Cost: c.£60 (2014)
Interactive map: Ordnance Survey